|Place of Origin
||Jiangsu, China (Mainland)|
Instruction of Shallow Medium Filter
Shallow Medium Filter (also with name of FQGsystem) is a kind of highefficiency filterequipment in cutting
down water turbidity, and purifying water. It uses silica sand asits filter medium. Under a certain pressure,
the muddy water come through the granular or nongranular silica sand, which can efficiently hold back
suspended solids, organisms, colloidal solids, micro-lives, chlorine, odour and heavy metal ions, etc.
It consists of several standard filter tank unit, with unique water distributor and water collector inside.
Theboth way automatic backwash valve can control all system’s backwash process.
Shallow Medium Filter is mainly used in pretreatment in water turbidity removal, water softening, electrodialysis,
However, it makes function on surface water, under ground water as well. Shallow Medium Filter can also be
widelyused in fields of electronic power, petrochemical,metallurgy,electroplating, papermaking, textile, pharmacy,soft drinks, living water, industrial water, swimming pool, etc.
Shallow media filter can widely used at different application, such as water filtering, cooling water by-pass
filtering, waster water treating, etc.
1. Shallow media filter has flexible modules, which can combined under actual flow rate, on-site area.
It is operated backwash automatically, with time control, differential pressure control. Each filter element
start backwash one by one, while no need stop operation in backwash.
2. With smooth water allocation. High efficiency in backwash, water saving, only 30% water consumption of
traditional one. Filter uses ASM filter media, which is easy wash.
3. With unique 48” ball filtering unit, and light weight for the whole system. The normal concrete base can used
to place. Easy install, no need any boom equipment.
4. With good anti-corrosion feature.
5. With lost cost, but long lifetime.
6. Water quality: inlet water turbidity ＜80mg/L, outlet quality reach ＜20mg/L
inlet water turbidity ＜20mg/L, outlet quality reach ＜5mg/L
7. Flow rate: it can treat 30-500m³/h
Filter structure: main part includes filter tank, water distributor, water collector, hand hole and support
Filter tank: it gives enough space for water distributor and collector. Each water collector has 55 water
caps, which reforms a internal recycle flow when backwash, no sand leak.
Water distributor: it makes sure water flow smoothly on the padding sand media.
water collector: with 55 unique mushroom shape water caps makes sure water pressure in a balance.
It can reforms a internal recycle flow when back wash, no sand leak.
Hand hole: There have a up and down hand holes, which is easy for installing and replacing water
distributor and collector. Meanwhile, the upper hand hole, which is easy for inspecting and adding silica.
And down hand hole, which is easy for clear and repair.
Support base: it is assemble, it can adjust in according to on-site situation.
Filtration System Operation
- The contaminated water enters the tank through the inlet manifold, transitioning to the 3-way valve and into the top inlet of each tank
- The two-stage deflector creates a uniform distribution for laminar flow across the media bed while avoiding channeling of the media bed
- Particulate is trapped and retained within the media bed resulting in clean process water flowing out through the stainless steel wedge wire underdrain, to the outlet of each filter tank and to the outlet manifold for end use
- Backwash sequence is initiated by either elapsed time of the controller or pressure differential between the inlet and outlet manifolds
- Water or air pressure opens the 3-way valve causing the reverse flow of a portion of filtered water up through the stainless steel underdrain to hydraulically and uniformly lift the media bed
- The use of a hydraulically balanced underdrain in conjunction with a gravel pack creates a proper and uniform lift of the media bed while avoiding a turbulent backwash
- Entrapped particulates are released during the backwash event, exhausted through the backwash manifold and routed to a convenient location
- One tank at a time is backwashed while continuing to process water for use until the entire system is clean
- Once completed with the backwash, filtration continues until the next backwash event .
Peide Backwash control valve is started by water pressure or an external power source.
Peide backwash control valve is composed of solenoid valve, hydraulic relay valve actuator or manual
Peide filter backwash control valve outlet normally open (N.O.), drain valve normally closed (N.C.).
Each outlet is sealed by its own independent sealing seat, but they are controlled by the same stem of
Valve is a complete, interactive set. When one outlet is turned on, the other outlet is in a closed state,
So backwash valve can be operated in two modes:
Parallel filter system Mode of filtration:
Allow the water flow to the outlet,and directly to the filter.
Paralled filter system Mode of Backwash：
Inlet of valve is closed,backwash drain valve is open. It makes the flow reverse to the filter,so
that the impurities will be discharged from filter.
Silica sand: mined from silica bed. After milling, it becomes into irregular angular shape. When mixed
with concrete, it has a good adhesion, which can increase slurry strength.
Sea silica: with smooth outside, and even grind and with salty.
|Inlet & outlet Diameter
|total length （MM）
|Drain valve interface
For some bigger flow rate, parallel filter system can be used for one time.
1、 Filter medium and flow rate
||Recommend flow rate（M3/H）
||Backwash flow rate（M3/H）|
Other diameter silica sand can also be used, which reaches into function of filter precision and stain resistance.
1、 Manufacturing materia
||Carbon steel（Epoxy asphalt coating paint）|
||Delicate natural quartz sand|
1. Check evenness of floor: it requires floor even, each meter evenness should less than 10mm, the concrete floor
can bear 3ton/m2.
2. Line tanks units in a queue in according to drawing.
3. Install drain valve
4. Install general in/outlet pipeline. Notice to protect plastic drain valve from damaging.
5. Install differential pressure switch, in/outlet pressure gauge and vent valve.
6. Wire for the whole filter and pipelines.
Step1. Installation details
3、six angle bolt
5、up and down hand hole
12、down hand hole cover
14、six angle bolt
15、inlet and outlet
1 Water distributor installation
17、water distribution frame
18、water distribution plate
19、water distribution cover
1、place water distribution palte 18 on plate, 17，tighten covoer, and fix with o-ring16；
2、Install water distributor from up hand hole. Insert water distribution frame into flange, tighten inlet screw
cover, fix it at flange too.
2 Water collector installation
27、upper water collecting pipe
28、upper water collecting pipe cover
29、down water collecting pipe
1. Fix upper water collecting pipe cover 28 and three water caps 21 into pipelines 27, fix these three water caps
at down water collecting pipe 29. Make sure each water collector needs 9sets collecting upper and down pipelines.
2. Place two water allocate 24 at collecting tank 25. Fix a water cap at pressure cover 22, and tighten the pressure
cover at collecting tank 25. Fix water allocating well, again fix a O-ring 26. Then place up and down , ;coll, ecting pipes inside the tank from down hand&nbs, p;hole. Joint with flange at tank bottom, tighten with screw cap 9. Remember to inspect collecting tank move or not.
3. Joint each collecting pipe into holes. Two man install cooperate, insert a joint fitting 23 to fix all collecting pipes.
And unscrew water , ;screw cap 9, and fix with round flange.
3 upper hand hole cap installation
Put o-ring into o-shape socket, cover with hand hole flange 4. Tighten with screw bolt 2 (include gasket3).
4 Support base installation
Supply 3 support legs and 10 support leg covers.
Step 2：QLQ system installation
QLQ shallow media filtering system
1、 in/outlet DN200
2、 filter tanks
3、 cam lock joint fitting
4、 vent valve 1"
5、 in/outlet pressure gauge
6、 inlet pressure gauge
7、 inlet pipe DN200
8、 three way drain valve 4"*3"
9、 drain pipe DN100
10、differential pressure switch
Details installation process:
1.Range filter tank in order. Notice to ensure hand hole direction outside, so that easy for add sand and maintenance.
2.Install outlet pipe 1, adjust filter tank 2, to make sure outlet branch pipe and tank’s water collector at a same level.
Weld cam locks 3, fix well.
3.Install three way drain va, lve 8, fix with cam locks.
4.Install inlet pipe 7, adjust inlet branch pipe, to make sure inlet branch pipe and three way drain valve’s inlet in a same
level, welding with cam lock3. Fix well.
5.Install drain pipe 9. Keep drain , branch, pipe and three way drain valve at a line, welding with cam lock. Fix well.
Install differential pressure switch 10, inlet and outlet water pre, ss, ure gauge 5 and 6, vent valve 4.
Step 3：QLQ system pipeline and wire install
QLQ pipeline and wire drawing
1. Hydraulic pipeline connection
1. Each three matched with one solenoid. Current pipeline as a,b,c,d,e,f as shown.
2.differential pressure (high pressure connection) match with inlet water pipe, low pressure connect with outlet pipe .
See dot line g1, g2 shown.
2. wire connecting
1. Each solenoid has two terminal connector. E.g: 1# solenoid fire wire connect at 1, null wire at N.
2. differential pressure switch, power supply wire (AC220), earth wire connecting way please see check drawing.
Equipment more pictures